You may remember Seth Finlayson and his mother Sandy, who attended our Spring chapter meeting in Cambridge, Ohio. GLC members took a special interest in Seth, who had chosen cartooning as the topic of his self-determined project for the 4-H Club. By way of an update, here's a glimpse of the presentsation that Seth put together.
April 14, 2006
1. To develop my own style of cartooning
2. Develop writing skills to compliment the cartoon drawings
3. To develop various characteristics and expressions
1. To go to a Great Lakes Chapter of National Cartoonists meeting
2. To visit a cartoonist's studio
3. Talk to various cartoonists regarding cartooning
4. To be creative in the drawing of my cartoons
1. Practice drawing cartoons
2. Look through newspapers to see different cartoon styles
3. Search Internet for information on cartooning
4. Contact various cartoonists for their advice
This is the cover of the scrapbook that Seth assembled. It's decorated with photos of Seth's meeting with GLC members Daryll Collins (at the chapter meeting) and Roy Doty (at Roy's studio).
Some examples of Seth's own cartoon work. Some pretty fearsome monsters!
Not sure what we're looking at here. Seth, fill us in -- ?
Speaking of fearsome monsters: Seth caught Ed, David, Roy, Mark and Wayno on film.
Words of encouragement from Ed Black.
PICTURES E-MAILED TO ME FROM ROY DOTY / ROY WITH HIS REUBEN AWARD / ROY WITH MORT DRUCKER AND NICK MEGLIN EDITORS OF MAD MAGAZINE
AWARD AND RIBBON I RECEIVED AT THE 4th GRADE GRADUATION FOR DOING THIS PROJECT AND WORKING WITH CARTOONISTS.